The Set for the Study of Acoustics, "FAC" designed by EDIBON allows to perform all kinds of experiments related to acoustic waves (propagation, interferences, wave fronts, etc.).
The Set for the Study of Acoustics, "FAC" designed by EDIBON allows to perform all kinds of experiments related to acoustic waves (propagation, interferences, wave fronts, etc.).The most complete way to carry out the observation would be to fill the space with tiny microphones, placing them at the nodes of a fine three-dimensional spatial network that does not disturb the behavior of the waves. By means of acoustic emitters the waves would be produced and all the microphones would take data during a certain time with this imaginary procedure we would have information of everything that happened in all the points of the net at all times, being collected all the nuances of the experience.
The Set "FAC" is based on the reproducibility of a physical process. For this purpose, the computer-controlled robot arm sweeps a region of space measuring the intensity of the acoustic wave at equidistant points. The perfect synchronization between the transmitter and receiver, together with the control and management software, allows the student to visualize the propagation of the sound wave in space. The use of the control system with more than one emitter allows us to study the processes of constructive and destructive interference. The set is supplied with a set of acoustic materials (mirrors, lenses and diffraction gratings) that allow the study of reflection, refraction and dispersion processes, as well as acoustic shielding processes.
- Temporal visualisation of an acoustic wave.
- Three-dimensional study of an acoustic wave.
- Signal generated by two identical sources (Interference I).
- Acoustic attenuation produced by an obstacle.
- Wave fronts generator (Diffraction I).
- Spatial representation of an acoustic attenuation.
- All those of level 1.
- Experimental determination of the power of an acoustic emitter.
- Spatio-temporal study of the signal generated by two acoustic sources (Interference II).
- Acoustic media.
- Effects on the acoustic shielding of the wave frequency.
- Effects on the acoustic shielding of the amplitude of the wave.
- Effects of the wavelength on the diffraction phenomenon (Diffraction II).
IMPORTANT: The teacher can use his own elements, so these practical possibilities are NEARLY UNLIMITED.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the FAC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the FAC unit process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.