FME25 流体チャネル、長さ：1 m
The Flow Channel, lenght: 1 m, "FME25", designed by EDIBON, allows to study of the water behavior flowing through a channel.
It basically consists of a channel of rectangular cross section with transparent walls, through which water flows.
It has a mechanism that allows to vary the shape of the channel and it can directly be placed on the Hydraulics Bench.
Water is taken from the tank of the Hydraulics Bench (FME00) or the Hydraulic Feed System (FME00/B) by means of a pump and, through the pipe, it is driven to the tank, where there is a settling of the flow. After this, the water circulates through the channel and returns to the storage tank. Therefore, the closed circuit is completed.
There is a mechanism that allows to adjust the slope of the channel.
- Study of the fundamental aspects of fluid flow.
Practical possibilities depending on the accessories used:
- Measurement of water level and velocity along the channel.
- Measurement of flow rate using a Pitot tube.
- Determination of the static and total pressure.
- Use of hydraulic structures to control level.
- Study of the effects of gradual and sudden changes in cross section (energy losses).
- Use of a contraction to measure flow.
- Use of hydraulic structures to measure flow in an open channel.
- Study of flow patterns associated with flow around hydraulic structures.
- Comparison between the theoretical and experimental flow.