The Deflection of Curved Bars Unit "MDB" consists of a structure of aluminum and steel that allows the incorporation of different curved bars to be studied. It allows tests with curved bars of different shape.
The use of two dial gauges placed perpendicularly to each other makes it possible to determine the displacements produced in both directions, up to a maximum range of 10 mm.
The load is applied when hanging a set of weights in the application point. A set of weights in supplied with the unit.
- Study of deflection of curved bars.
- Determination of the horizontal and vertical displacements at the free end of various curved bars when subject to single concentrated loads.
- Study of the different types of bars geometry and for different positions.
- Measurement of the horizontal and vertical displacements produced at the free end of the curved bar.
- Effect of the load value in the bar response.
- Effect of the bar morphological characteristics in its response to the load.