The Axial Fan Teaching Unit, "HVAB", allows the observation, the study and the working process analysis of an axial-flow fan.
The main element of this unit is a variable speed centrifugal fan, which is measured through a speed sensor, and a wattmeter determines the power consumed by the fan. The main tube of the unit is transparent. The air flow can be regulated through an adjustable oriffice at the inlet of the duct. It also has an oriffice plate for the calculation of the air flow with a slanted tube manometer.
There are also humidity, pressure and temperature measurements to know the inlet air conditions.
The unit is supplied with an electronic console with a speed variator to modify the speed of the axial fan, a speed sensor connector, a digital display for the speed sensor, and a digital display for the fan power measurement.
- Calculation of the flow by means of the orifice plate.
- Calculation of the flow through a measurement of the static, dynamic and total pressure with an adjustable orifice.
- Measurement of machine performance in terms static and total pressure, and motor input power, as an inlet flow function.
- Introduction to the scaling similitude law.
- Calculation of the characteristic curve of the axial fan at a constant speed according to the flow used by the adjustable aperture.
- Study of the axial fan regulation varying its turning speed.
- Study and comparison of the practical results and the results calculated by the students.