Are you a teacher or do you work as an engineering researcher? EDIBON offers courses for teachers and #research staff. Take a look at the course of Fluid Mechanics and learn about #fluids properties. #DiscoverEdibon #Engineering.
The Flow Channels, "CFG", are hydrodynamic channels to perform multiple hydraulic tests.
The Flow Channels, "CFG", are hydrodynamic channels to perform multiple hydraulic tests. They consist of a rectangular section channel with tempered glass transparent walls through which water flows. Water is impelled by a pump from the storage tank and driven to the inlet tank through the pipe. In the inlet tank there is a flow stilling device that allows for performing different experiments without hydraulic disturbances. Afterwards, water flows through the channel and is discharged into the reception tank, finally returning to the storage tanks and completing the closed circuit.
- Measurement of water level and speed along the channel.
- Flow rate measurement using sharp-crested weirs.
- Flow rate measurement through changes in the channel section.
- Flow rate measurement using Venturi flume.
- Flow rate control using gates.
- Level control using syphons.
- Flow over overflow weirs.
- Flow between the piers of a bridge.
- Connection of a channel to a culvert.
- Characterization of the hydraulic jump.
- Profiles of the water free surface.
- Manning coefficient calculation for channels with sedimentation.
- Comparison of the discharge coefficient in gates with or without sedimentation.
- Simulation of the effect of the piers of a bridge in a channel with sediments.
- Study of turbulences using ink.
- Visualization of the transitions of the sediments on the bed when abrupt discharges are generated.
- Dependence of the sediments shape on the flow rate variation.
- Study of the sediments transport and settling mechanisms.
- Investigation of currents and torrential floods states.
- Water levels measurement.
- Discharge process in a submergible spillway.
- Pressure drop in open channels.
- Operation and study of a syphon.
- Flow and discharge coefficient of a syphon.
- Flow in pipes.
- Comparison between overflow and syphon.
- Study of the amplitude of the hydraulic jump.
- Generation of different flow states using an underwater dam.
- Study of the discharge processes under an adjustable weir:
- Study of alternating changes during the discharge.
- Relationship between backwater level and discharge level.
- Study of discharge under a radial gate:
- Study of alternating changes during the discharge.
- Hydrostatic pressure on a weir.
- Study of waves.
- Behaviour of structures under swell conditions (in rough sea).
- Application and understanding of Manning formula.
- Study of subcritical and supercritical flows.
- Learning how to apply the force, momentum and energy equations in typical situations.
- Study of the transition from flowing current to accelerated current.
- Calculation of the water flow.
- Use of the limnimeter.
Channel, through which water flows, of rectangular section with transparent walls that enable to observe all the experiments. Water is taken from the storage tank by means of a hydraulic pump, with speed regulation, and, by the pipe, it is driven...
流道 (截面: 80 x 300毫米)
Channel, through which water flows, of rectangular section with transparent walls that enable to observe all the experiments. Water is taken from the storage tank by means of a hydraulic pump and, by the pipe, it is driven to the inlet tank, where...
The Computer Controlled Flow Channels, "CFGC", are hydrodynamic channels to perform multiple hydraulic tests. They consist of a rectangular section channel with tempered glass transparent walls through which water flows. Water is impelled by a...
Computer Controlled Closed Hydrodynamic Tunnel for Hight Speed, 150 x 150 mm
The Computer Controlled Closed Hydrodynamic Tunnel for High Speed, 150 x 150 mm, "HTHS150/150C", is a closed circuit cavitation tunnel with water flowing in the vertical plane. The water is circulated by a computer controlled variable speed axial...
Computer Controlled Closed Hydrodynamic Tunnel for Low Speed, 150 x 150 mm
The Computer Controlled Low Speed Hydrodynamic Tunnel, 150 x 150 mm, "HTLS150/150C", is a hydrodynamic tunnel in a closed water circuit flowing in the vertical plane. The water is circulated by a computer controlled variable speed pump. Different...
The EDIBON Sediment Transport Demonstration Channel "CAS" allows demonstration of the full range of bedforms that arise in a mobile bed as the slope and / or flow are increased.This unit can play a useful role in any course concerting the...
移动床和流量可视化单元 (工作区: 2000x610 mm)
The Mobile Bed and Flow Visualization Unit (working section: 2000x610 mm), "HVFLM-2", may be used mainly in two study fields. The first one is the investigation of mobile beds, which are related to water courses and civil engineering structures....
移动床和流量可视化单元 (工作区: 4000x610 mm)
The Mobile Bed and Flow Visualization Unit (HVFLM-4) is a particularly useful unit to demonstrate the fluidization phenomenon in engineering. It makes it possible to study different situations of flow and mobile bed visualization related to civil...
Computer Controlled Unit to Study Water Flow Principles
The Computer Controlled Unit to Study Water Flow Principles, "WFPC", is composed by both a closed and an open water circuit, thus allowing the observation of fluid's behavior in each of them. The selection of the circuit can be made by means of a...