PBEC Computer Controlled Gear Pump Bench
The Computer Controlled Gear Pump Bench, "PBEC", has been designed to obtain the most important characteristics curves and parameters of a gear pump bench.
The Computer Controlled Gear Pump Bench, "PBEC", is a bench-top unit consists of a gear pump computer controlled, a feed water tank, circulation pipes, regulation valves, as well as the enough control elements for the pump experiments: two pressure sensors and a flow sensor.
A frequency inverter for the pump, computer controlled, provides the possibility of regulation and measuring the pump motor speed, as well as the measurement of the torque transferred.
The pump is installed in a system of pipes. As the circuit is closed, it prevents a continuous waste of water when working with it.
The Computer Controlled Gear Pump Bench, "PBEC", has instrumentation and sensors to allow the measurement, from the computer, of the most typical parameters of the gear pump:
- Admission and discharge pressure.
- Motor speed.
- Total flow driven.
The software allows to calculate, with the measurement of the parameters:
- Height of the pump.
- Hydraulic and mechanic power.
- Volumetric efficiency.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Demonstration of a gear pump in operation.
- Obtaining of curves H(Q), N(Q), Efficiency (Q) of the gear pump.
- Simultaneous representation of H(Q), N(Q) and Efficiency (Q).
- Adimensional study of magnitudes H*, N* and Q*.
- Determination of the curve H vs Q at different r.p.m.
- Determination of the mechanical power vs flow at different r.p.m.
- Determination of the efficiency curve vs the flow at different r.p.m.
- Determination of the map of a gear pump.
- Sensors calibration.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the PBEC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the PBEC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.