We recently had the honor of installing a complete laboratory at the Centre de formation et des métiers (CFMI) in Togo (Africa).This complete laboratory now has the following EDIBON units
MBMRC Computer Controlled Balance of Reciprocating Masses Unit
The Computer Controlled Balance of Reciprocating Masses Unit, "MBMRC", is a model four-cylinder in-line engine that shows the primary and secondary forces and moments when balancing reciprocating masses.
The Computer Controlled Balance of Reciprocating Masses Unit, "MBMRC", is a bench-mounting unit that allows to investigate and examine the free masses and moments of a reciprocating engine with a single cylinder, with two cylinders or with four cylinders.
A robust frame bears a support that holds a model four-cylinder in-line engine. The model engine has a crankshaft, connecting rods, bearings, pistons and a cylinder block.
The crankshaft has adjustable sections and the students can rotate each section relative to the others to change the crank angles. For each cylinder, the angle between cranks can be adjusted continuously.
The oscillating masses can be varied by using additional weights at the piston. Each piston includes a tapped hole to allow students to add or remove weights. These weights are securely fixed during engine running.
The engine crankshaft is driven by a computer controlled motor. The speed is measured by a speed sensor. The forces and moments are measured by three force sensors placed at the supports of the unit.
A transparent protective cover protects students from the moving crankshaft and allows the visibility of the practical exercises and components of the unit. This cover includes a switch, which allows automatically stops the drive motor if the cover is opened.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Study of the polygons of forces and polygon of moment for a symmetrical engine.
- Study of first and second forces and moments for different crank settings: single cylinder.
- Study of first and second forces and moments for different crank setting: 2-cylinder, 180° angle between cranks.
- Study of first and second forces and moments for different crank settings: 4-cylinder, non-symmetrical, 90° angle between cranks.
- Study of first and second forces and moments for different crank settings: 4-cylinder, symmetrical, 180° angle between cranks.
- Study of the effect of mass forces in dependence on the speed.
- Study of the effect of mass forces in dependence on the piston mass.
- Sensors calibration.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivative parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical/electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the MBMRC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the MBMRC unit process.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.
The Unit for studying Equilibrium of Moments on a Two Arm Lever,"MEMB2", allows to study the fundamentals of the equilibrium of moments and the application of the law of levers on a two-arm lever.A pivoted beam in the extreme of a vertical support...
The Cam Analysis Unit "MEAL" allows to observe the effect of the profile of a cam, the study of the displacement, velocity and acceleration profiles of the cam and the identification of the factors that can modify the dynamics of the cam. This...
The Coriolis Force Demonstration Unit, "MDFC", is used to observe the deflection of a jet of water generated by a pump attached to a rotating arm that rotates to different speeds in a horizontal plane. An electronically controlled motor rotates...
The Centrifugal Force Unit, "MFCE", is used to demonstrate the relationship between centrifugal force, rotational speed, mass of a rotating body and distance from the axis. The unit consists of a vertical axis of rotation and a rotating arm....
The Gyroscope, "MGI", allows the experimental demonstration of the different rotation modes of a gyroscope and the moments generated by the gyroscopic effect. The rotor of the electric motor (rotating motor) shares a horizontally supported shaft...
The Centrifugal Governor Unit, "CGU", has been designed to study the operating mode of different centrifugal governors, including three interchangeable governors: Porter governor, Hartnell governor and Proell governor.Interchangeable governors...
The Static and Dynamic Balancing Unit, "MED", developed by EDIBON is a unit to study and analyze the oscillations and vibrations and how to eliminate or diminish them.Basically, the unit is formed by a shaft mounted on bearings. The shaft is...
The Simple Balancing Unit "MES" developed by EDIBON is an unit to study and analyze the oscillations and vibrations and how to eliminate or diminish them.This unit is sustained by anodized aluminum profiles on which are mounted steel panels. This...
The Inertia Flywheel Unit, "MIF", consists of an inertia disc with a rotation shaft at the center of the disc.The shaft is supported at two points by bearings.A cord is attached by one of the ends to the shaft and wound around it. At the other end...
The Wheel and Axle Unit, "MRYE1", is a unit which allows to investigate the mechanics of a simple wheel and axle machine and to demonstrate the laws of the formation of equilibrium of moments in static systems.Two pulleys with different diameter...
The Wheel and Differential Axle Unit, "MRYE2", is a unit that allows for investigating the mechanics of a wheel and differential axle mechanism and demonstrating the force reduction on a differential pulley block.A wheel, consisting of a pulley...
The Unit for studying Hooke's Law, "MELH", demonstrates the application of Hooke's Law and allows the visualization of the deformation of tension springs under load and the performance of oscillation experiments on a spring – mass system.The...