We feel fortunate to be part of an educational community that fosters international agreements and allows us to learn and incorporate improvements resulting from global research and innovation processes. Today we are happy to present our latests installation in collaboration with the Universities...
This unit is a system that transforms solar energy into usable thermal energy.
This unit is a system that transforms solar energy into usable thermal energy. It uses the thermosiphon system to heat water or the traditional pumping system. In both cases, the absorbed thermal energy is given by the simulated solar radiation, in our case, it is done using a panel with powerful luminous sources.
The unit basically is formed by:
- Thermal solar panel.
- Solar simulator.
- Pumping system.
- Temperature sensors.
- Flow sensor.
- Valves set to work in thermosiphon mode or pumping mode.
The solar panel is made of polycarbonate. It is mounted on a metallic structure with a conduct for the thermal fluid. It has been developed taking into account the geometrical shape of the absorbing surface in order to obtain the highest output levels possible.
The tank satisfies the established technical standards, both in its construction and in its equipment. The hot water outlet is through an overflow placed at the top of the tank.
The lamps present radiation features that are similar to those of the sun.
This unit makes it possible to simulate two different functioning modes: the thermosiphon mode, the water runs due to the temperature differences, that is to say, without pump, and the pumping mode.
5 Temperature sensors allow to know the temperature at different points of the unit.
A flow meter and a flow sensor allow to know the water flow that is running through the pump and, therefore, through the collector.
The unit has every pipe and connection for an optimal operation.
This Computer Controlled Unit is supplied with the EDIBON Computer Control System (SCADA), and includes: The unit itself + a Control Interface Box + a Data Acquisition Board + Computer Control, Data Acquisition and Data Management Software Packages, for controlling the process and all parameters involved in the process.
- Study of the thermosiphon operation.
- Study of the luminosity profile of the lamps.
- Study of the efficiency of the solar panel.
- Study of the influence of the inclination angle of the lamp panel on the unit efficiency.
- Study of the relation between the flow and the temperature.
- Study of the energy balance of the solar collector.
- Experimental efficiency determination.
- Sensors calibration
- Many students view results simultaneously.
- To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control.
- This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivate parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA allows a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the MINI-EESTC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the MINI-EESTC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.
The Computer Controlled Thermal Solar Energy Unit, "EESTC", is a system that transforms solar energy into usable thermal energy. It uses the thermosiphon solar system to heat water or the traditional pumping system. In both cases, the absorbed...
The Thermal Solar Energy Unit, "EEST", is a system that transforms solar energy into usable thermal energy. It uses the thermosiphon solar system to heat water or the traditional pumping system. In both cases, the absorbed thermal energy is given...
This unit is a system that transforms solar energy into usable thermal energy.This unit uses the thermosiphon system to heat water or the traditional pumping system. In both cases, the absorbed thermal energy is given by the simulated solar...
The Computer Controlled Focusing Solar Energy Collector, "ECESC", shows the principles of a parabolic trough to collect solar energy.The unit includes a highly polished stainless steel parabolic reflector on a mobile base. It can be horizontally...