The Gas and Smoke Detection Application, "AEL-AD30", has been designed by EDIBON to study the operation of a gas leak detection and fire prevention system.
The Gas and Smoke Detection Application, "AEL-AD30", has been designed by EDIBON to study the operation of a gas leak detection and fire prevention system. This application includes two types of sensors. On one hand, there is a gas detector capable to detect explosive and toxic gases, such as natural gas, propane, butane, etc. It can also detect smoke from combustion, so it is a very complete sensor. On the other hand, there is an optic smoke detector, capable to detect visible gases, although it must not be installed close to water heaters to avoid a false positive result. The application also includes a solenoid valve to close the gas circuit in case of leakage. The student can simulate with all of these devices some emergency situations to understand the operation of the main gas detection systems in the market.
- Checking and measuring on the main power supply.
- Checking the working of the auxiliary power supply.
- Checking the working of the built-in power supply module.
- Gas detection tests with the gas detector and the control of the electrovalve.
- Smoke detection tests with the smoke sensor.
- Real applications of a gas leakages control system.