The Francis Turbine Model, "HT-F", consists of a small-scale Francis Turbine, with a valve that allows flow regulation and has a ring with adjustable guide vanes that allows control of the angle of incidence of the water in the turbine.
Computer Controlled Modular Hydraulic Turbine Unit,"HTMC", has been designed by EDIBON for the study and comparison of different types of small scale hydraulic turbines, allowing the determine the operation characteristics of this type of turbine, the hydraulic and mechanical efficiency curves, to obtain the hydraulic and mechanical power, etc.
The minimum supply consists of two main elements: the Hydraulic Turbines Base Unit, "HT-UB", and at least one of the required elements described below.
The Hydraulic Turbines Base Unit, "HT-UB", fulfills the following functions:
- In order to raise the fluid, it has a computer controlled pump that enables the impelled flow to pass through the turbine, in which part of its energy is left, causing the turbine to turn, overcoming the external resistance caused by an electromagnetic brake. This computer controlled brake makes it possible to vary the braking load on the turbine.
- Measurement of the pressure at the pump inlet and outlet, in order to obtain its characteristic curve.
- Measurement of the water flow, the pressure at the water inlet to the turbine and the speed of the turbine shaft by means of different instrumentation.
- The pump-turbine group has a tank and a pipes system which allow to work constantly with recirculated fluid to avoid the indiscriminate water consumption.
Required elements (at least one) (Not included):
- HT-F: The Francis Turbine Model, "HT-F", consists of a small-scale Francis Turbine, with a valve that allows flow regulation and has a ring with adjustable guide vanes that allows control of the angle of incidence of the water in the turbine.
- To determination of the operating characteristics of the different turbines at different speeds.
- Determination of the hydraulic jump of the turbines.
- Determination of the characteristic curves of the different turbines: power (W), torque (Nm) and efficiency (%) as a function of the turbine speed and the inlet flow rate.
- Investigation of the conversion of hydraulic energy into mechanical energy.
- Calculation of the power of the turbine.
- Determination of the hydraulic efficiency of the turbine.
- Determination of the torque and speed of the turbine.
- Determination of the characteristic curve of a centrifugal pump.
- Study of the characteristic variables of a centrifugal pump.
- Sensors calibration.
- Many students view results simultaneously. To view all results in real time in the classroom by means of a projector or an electronic whiteboard.
- Open Control, Multicontrol and Real Time Control. This unit allows intrinsically and/or extrinsically to change the span, gains, proportional, integral, derivate parameters, etc, in real time.
- The Computer Control System with SCADA and PID Control allow a real industrial simulation.
- This unit is totally safe as uses mechanical, electrical and electronic, and software safety devices.
- This unit can be used for doing applied research.
- This unit can be used for giving training courses to Industries even to other Technical Education Institutions.
- Control of the HTMC unit process through the control interface box without the computer.
- Visualization of all the sensors values used in the HTMC unit process.
- By using PLC-PI additional 19 more exercises can be done.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.