On December 1st, the Repair Course for Small Laboratory Equipment, taught by our engineers at the EDIBON facilities, was completed, lasting 4 days. The attendees, (Laboratory technicians and maintenance of the Rey Juan Carlos University of Madrid) had the opportunity to perform multiple...
AV-ECD Automotive Electronic Control Device Unit
The Automotive Electronic Control Device Unit, "AV-ECD", provides a practical solution to the introduction of electronic control units or ECUs.
The Automotive Electronic Control Device Unit, "AV-ECD", provides a practical solution to the introduction of electronic control units or ECUs. The unit emulates a group of the main sensors and actuators used in modern cars to introduce the user to the ECU common functions.
The "AV-ECD" unit includes a series of emulated sensors and actuators that generate and receive the same signal like a real automotive sensors and actuators. The emulated sensors and actuators included in the unit are focused on the engine management system: knock sensor, engine coolant sensor, lambda sensor, camshaft position sensor, turbocharger boost control solenoid, electronic throttle valve, engine cooling fan, etc.
The communication protocol of the ECU varies depending on the characteristics of the sensors and actuators connected. This communication with the electronic control units can be done through CAN or LIN network protocols or through digital or analog signals.
The "AV-ECD" unit is mounted on a metallic plate that can be used alone or assembled to the EDIBON workbenches.
All sensor and actuator circuits included in the unit are isolated to understand the function of the circuits separately. Each circuit has different test points accessible through 2 mm standard lab sockets.
The "AV-ECD" circuits include a series of faults, which can be inserted to the input and output signals of the ECU, to allow the students to detect and understand common failures of the electronic components.
The "AV-ECD" unit is provided with a different set of practical exercises, through which the student will understand how the electronic control units work.
Electronic control unit (ECU):
- Communication with sensors and actuators through CAN or LIN network protocols or through digital or analog signals.
- Performance of an ECU self-diagnostic to detect failures.
- Understanding the Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) sensor signal.
- Knock sensor signal.
- Function of the fuel tank pressure sensor and the canister-purge solenoid valve.
- Refrigerant temperature sensor signal.
- Function of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) temperature sensor.
- Function of the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor.
- Oxygen or Lambda sensor signal.
- Mass air flow sensor signal.
- Intake air temperature sensor signal.
- Crankshaft position sensor signal.
- Camshaft position sensor signal.
- Checking failures in the sensor signals.
- Turbocharger boost solenoid control signal.
- Function of the Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve.
- Understanding the electronic throttle valve function.
- Function of the fuel pump.
- Spark plug control signal.
- Fuel injector control signal.
- Engine cooling fan control signal.
- Checking failures in the actuator signals.
- ECU self-diagnostic function.
- Flashing the ECU with naturally aspirated engine configuration.
- Flashing the ECU with turbocharged engine configuration.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.
The Computer Controlled Hybrid and Electric Vehicles Application, "AEL-EHV", is an application designed by EDIBON for the theoretical and practical training of the different topologies of electric/hybrid vehicles most used today.Given the...
The Automotive Fundamental Electronic Circuits Unit, “AV-EC”, provides a practical solution to the introduction of electronics in the automotive field with a group of common circuits used in the automobiles today.The circuits included in the...
The Automotive Fundamental Electrical Circuits Unit, "AV-ELC", provides a practical solution to the introduction of electricity in the automotive field with a group of common circuits used by the automobiles today. The circuits included in the...
The Automotive Actuators Unit, "AV-A", provides a practical solution to familiarize the students with the actuators used in modern automotive systems. The actuators included in the "AV-A" are focused on different functions, such as the engine...
The Automotive Wiper Washer Unit, "AV-WW", provides a practical solution to the introduction of the components of the wiper and washer system used in the automotive field today. The components included in the "AV-WW" are focused on different...
The Automotive Engine Cooling Circuit Unit, "AV-ECC", provides a practical solution to the introduction of the engine cooling systems electronics used in the automotive field today. The components included in the "AV-ECC" are focused on different...
The Automotive Auxiliary Components Unit, "AV-AC", provides a practical solution to obtain advance knowledge in the electronic and electric systems used in the automotive field today. All sensors and actuators included in the "AV-AC" unit are...
The Automotive Sensors Unit, "AV-S", provides a practical solution to familiarize the students with the sensors used in modern automotive systems.The sensors included in the "AV-S" are focused on the measurements required for the engine management...
The Automotive Starting and Charging Systems unit, "AV-SCS", has been designed by EDIBON to provide theoretical and practical trainingin the field of electrical starting and charging systems for motor vehicles. This unit aims to provide students...
The Automotive Electric Generation Unit, "AV-GE", provides a practical solution to help to become familiar with the components used intoday’s automobile electrical circuits.The components included in "AV-GE" focus on the generation of electrical...
The Computer Controlled Automotive Hybrid Simulation Unit, "AV-HYB", has been designed by EDIBON to study and analyze the operationof the hybrid vehicle through the different forms of combination of the energy sources it uses. For this purpose,...