The Winch Mechanism, “MMEL”, allows to study the lifting velocity and load transmission of a winch. Efficiency and load transmission can be determined by force equilibrium. The winch is equipped with a safety element to prevent reversal of direction of rotation.
A horizontal shaft running through the heart of the unit has a pulley attached to its end. This pulley has a high strength cord wrapped around its periphery and terminates in a weight holder allowing to exert an effort. The pulley is ball-bearing mounted.
The winch has fixed a pulley that also has a high strength cord wrapped around its periphery. This cord terminates with a weight holder. This cord and holder allow to exert a load. The pulley is ball-bearing mounted.
Forces are generated by sets of weights and can be quickly and easily varied. The student applies weights to the weight holder to raise the load.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Determination of the transmission ratio of the winch.
- Determination of the unwinding speed of the winch.
- Determination of the angular speed of the winch.
- Determination of the efficiency of the winch.
- Estimation of the velocity ratio.
- Study of the behaviour of a winch, especially noting the characteristics of the unit with increasing load.
- Examination of the safety features of the winch.