MEF Gerät zur Untersuchung der Reibkraft.
The Friction Study Unit, "MEF", allows the unit to illustrate the friction force by simple demonstrations.
It is designed for the study of the relations between friction forces and normal forces, between hard or soft surfaces, between lubricated or dry surfaces and between rolling surfaces for several types of materials.
The weight makes the roller set turn while another weight exerts some pressure on the brake. The relation between both of them determines the coefficient of friction for different materials and different operational conditions.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Investigation of the relation between the friction forces and normal forces between surfaces in contact.
- Comparison of the values between dry surfaces in contact, using several materials, by the sliding coefficient.
- Comparison of the friction values for dry and lubricated surfaces.
- Comparison of the friction force for sliding surfaces with rolling surfaces.
- Comparison of the friction force of soft and hard rolling surfaces.