MECA5 Experimente zur Reibung.
This module considers the most important phenomenon of Dynamics: Friction. It is a manifestation of the energy loss due to contact, effect that happens in every real-world mechanism.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Sliding friction. Verification of the laws of friction and to measure the coefficient of friction for different materials.
- Inclined plane (Inclined plane (I) and Inclined plane (II)). Analysis of the forces acting on an inclined plane due to a weighted of a roller supported on the plane. Calculation of the starting force needed for dragging a block on the plane.
- Angle of friction. Measurement of the angle of friction and from it find the coefficient of friction. To show that the coefficient of friction is equal to tangent of the angle of friction.
- Friction. To show the extent to which friction is reduced by using wheels and rollers and to compare the effects of different bearing surfaces.
- The wedge. Determine mechanical advantage and efficiency obtained using two different wedges, and to show that overhauling may be prevented if the angle of inclination of a wedge is small.
- Bearings. Comparison of the resistance to turning due to friction of four bearings made of different materials, and to show something of the progress made in bearing development.