The Pressure Measurement Unit, "HEMP", designed by EDIBON, allows to study pressure measurement techniques widely, since different manometers can be used to understand and compare the operation characteristics of the different devices and to study their calibration principles.
The Pressure Measurement Unit, "HEMP", enables a wide range of investigations and studies into pressure measurement techniques, using Bourdon type manometers and different U-tube manometers, to understand the operation, the characteristics of the devices, and to study the principles of calibration and to do practical exercises and experiments about it.
The "HEMP" unit mainly consists of:
- Vertical "U" type manometer (direct measurement).
- Inclined "U" manometer (direct measurement).
- Positive pressure Bourdon manometer (indiret measurement).
- Negative pressure Bourdon manometer (indiret measurement).
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Familiarisation with different pressure measurement methods.
- Study of the function and characteristics of a Bourdon type manometer.
- Study of the function and characteristics of an "U" tube manometers.
- Pressure measurements with Bourdon type manometers. Indirect measurement.
- Pressure measurements with vertical or inclined U-tube manometers. Direct measurement.
- Comparison between the different methods of pressure measurement.
- Calibration of a pressure gauge.
- Determination of measurement errors.
- Checking the readings of a Bourdon type manometer using a calibrated standard set of masses.
- Determination of the hysteresis curve of a manometer.