ATBB Aerodynamic Testing Bench
The Aerodynamic Testing Bench, "ATBB", has two main components: a radial fan with speed control and a working section where the different accessories for the tests are fixed.
The radial blower impels the air through an air intake pipe to a rectifier that stabilizes the air, eliminates the turbulences and makes the air flow that reaches the working section be homogeneous. The air leaves the rectifier by a nozzle, where its speed is accelerated, and it is injected into the working chamber.
Accessories that allow different experiments can be attached to the working section in a comfortable and simple way.
After the working section, the air is driven to an air outlet pipe.
There are up to 45 measuring points in which the pressure can be measured, both along the circuit and in the accessories. For pressure measurements the Manometer Panel. 16 Manometer tubes, "ATB/MB", is required. The manometer panel is connected to the pressure taps by flexible hoses fitted with quick-release couplings.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
ATB/BL. Model to Study the Boundary Layer:
- Properties of the boundary layer of the fluid when falling upon a flat plate.
- Influence of surface roughness on the formation of a boundary layer.
- Measurement of the flow speed with a Pitot tube.
ATB/DF. Model to Study the Drag Forces:
- Measurement of drag forces on bodies immersed in an air flow.
- Calculation of drag coefficients on bodies immersed in an air flow.
- Pressure distribution on a cylinder immersed in an air flow.
- Study of the conservation of momentum.
ATB/CE. Model to Study the Coanda Effect:
- Study of an air flow that follows the curvature of a surface and demonstration of the Coanda effect.
- Study of the operation of a flip-flop.
ATB/VS. Model to Visualize Streamlines:
- Visualization of streamlines by smoke injection.
- Visualization of air streamlines through a cylinder.
- Visualization of air streamlines through an orifice plate (different cross section).
- Visualization of air streamlines through an airfoil with adjustable angle of attack.
- Air flow separation.
ATB/BP. Model to Study Bernoulli’s Principle:
- Application of the continuity equation and Bernoulli’s principle.
- Calculation of the dynamic pressure and the flow velocity from the measured data using Bernoulli’s principle.
ATB/PDB. Pressure Distribution in a Pipe Bend:
- Study of the air flow development at a 90º pipe bend.
- Representation of the pressure distribution at a 90º pipe bend.
- Determination of the static pressure.
ATB/FJ. Model to Study a Free Jet:
- Study of the behavior of a free jet.
- Recording the pressure curve at the outlet of a parallel flow in stationary surroundings.
- Representation of velocity profiles at several distances along the jet and the development of the jet diffusion.
ATB/SS. Pressure Distribution in a Streamlined Shape:
- Study of the pressure distribution around a streamlined shape.