The Sedimentation Study Unit, "ESED", allows studying and compare the sedimentation processes of several suspensions simultaneously.
It is formed by five sedimentation methacrylate cylinders mounted vertically on a panel, incorporating measuring scales appropriate lighted for easing observation.
All that, enables the simultaneous study of the behaviour of five different suspensions.
Each cylinder may be removed from the panel for the appropriate washing and conditioning.
The unit is supplied with: stopwatch, light diffuser screen, fluorescent tubes, beakers, graduated cylinder and pycnometer.
It enables to have available several amounts in suspension, in order to study the differences in the sedimentation regimens, measuring the changes in heights of the solid-liquid interfaces respect to time.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Variation of the sedimentation characteristics with the concentration and suspension height.
- Effect of initial concentration on sedimentation characteristics.
- Effect of initial suspension height on sedimentation characteristics.
- Construction of settling rate curves against concentration form a single batch test.
- Effect of particle size distribution.
- Identification of the different sedimentation regimes.
- Use of flocculating additives.
- Construction of settling rate curves.
- Visualization of the retarded sedimentation.
- Study of the differences between a clarifier and a classifier.
- Study and visualization of the differential sedimentation.
- Study of the methods of sinking and floating.