MEMB2 Gerät für das Studium der Momentengleichgewichte bei einem Zwei-Arm-Hebel
The Unit for studying Equilibrium of Moments on a Two Arm Lever,"MEMB2", allows to study the fundamentals of the equilibrium of moments and the application of the law of levers on a two-arm lever.
A pivoted beam in the extreme of a vertical support represents a two-arm lever. Several loads can be applied at various positions of the lever with movable riders, weights and weight holders. These loads will make the beam rotate. The equilibrium is attained by moving the loads, and the moment necessary to overcome this rotation and keep the beam level can be determined.
The beam is graduated in each direction from the central pivot to read the distances from the pivot point – the lever arms. The calculation of the lever arms can be verified in the exercises.
Three movable riders and weight holders are included for applying loads.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Investigation of the equilibrium of moments on a two-arm lever: applied forces, generated moments and equilibrium.
- Demonstration of the simple equilibrium of moments by loading a pivoted beam.
- Study of the stable system of a loaded pivoted beam.
- Comparison of the experimental values with the theoretical values using simple moments.
- Study of the action of forces dependent on the lever arm.