MMEL Winch Mechanism
The Winch Mechanism, "MMEL", allows to demonstrate the principle of a winch and its behaviour and to study different terms (transmission ratio, unwinding speed, angular speed, efficiency) concerned to the winch.
The Winch Mechanism, "MMEL", allows to study the lifting velocity and load transmission of a winch. Efficiency and load transmission can be determined by force balance.
The unit consists of a gear transmission mechanism. One gear is the input gear driven by a pulley (driving pulley) and the other gear is the output gear on whose shaft another pulley is attached (driven pulley).
Both pulleys have high resistance ropes wound on their periphery and end in a hook to attach the weights, allowing to exert a force or load. Through observations of the equilibrium moment, force transmission and performance can be determined.
The winch is equipped with a safety device.
연습 및 가이드
매뉴얼에 포함 된 가이드 실기 연습
- Determination of the transmission ratio of the winch.
- Determination of the unwinding speed of the winch.
- Determination of the angular speed of the winch.
- Determination of the efficiency of the winch.
- Study of the behaviour of a winch, especially noting the characteristics of the unit with increasing load.