AEL-AD15A Position Control Advanced Application
The Position Control Application, "AEL-AD15A", is designed to study different types of position sensors and their possible applications.
The Position Control Advanced Application, "AEL-AD15A", is designed to study different types of position sensors and their possible applications. For that purpose, this application includes the following sensors: a PNP type inductive sensor, which works with DC and detects metals in a specific distance range, a capacity proximity sensor, to detect both metals and no metals, other inductive sensor, which works with AC and detects any metal, and finally a presence and movement sensor to detect moving objects.
This last type is the most used in automatic lighting, alarms, etc. To check the operation of these sensors, three pilot lights and one halogen lamp are included. All these sensors can be used in several industrial processes, such as water level detection in a tank, or home automation, such as automaticlighting. With this application, the student will acquire some practical ideas about the operation of these devices.
Exercises and guided practices
GUIDED PRACTICAL EXERCISES INCLUDED IN THE MANUAL
- Checking and measuring on the main power supply.
- Checking the working of the auxiliary power supply.
- Checking the operation of the inductive sensor type PNP.
- Checking the operation of the capacitive sensor.
- Checking the operation of the AC inductive sensor.
- Body detection tests with the different types of sensors and materials.
- Body movement detection tests with the presence sensor.
- Real applications of a detection and position control system.