- Conduction through a simple bar.
- Conduction through a compound bar.
- Determination of the thermal conductivity "k" of different materials (conductors and insulators).
- The thermal conductivity properties of insulators may be found by inserting paper or other elements between the heating and cooling sections.
- Insulation effect.
- Determination of the thermal contact resistance Rtc.
- Effect of the crossing sectional area.
- Understanding the use of the Fourier equation in determining rate of heat flow through solid materials.