The High Voltage DC Transmission Lines Application, "AEL-HVDC", has been designed to study the most important concepts and advantages of High Voltage DC Transmission Lines. The advantages of DC transmission lines versus AC transmission lines is the ability to transfer large amount of power on long distances with lower losses.
DC technology is better in situations such us undersea connections, power transmission and stabilization between unsynchronized AC distribution systems, remote connection of generating plants from power grid – stabilization of AC grid, connection between countries with different current frequency/voltage.
The AEL-HVDC includes the following modules:
- N-VPS01. AC 3PH Variable Power Supply.
- N-AE1/1K. 1KVA Transmission Line Simulator Module.
- N-DCTL1. Outgoins DC Transmission Line.
- N-DCTL2. Ingoins DC Transmission Line.
- N-REVT/1K. 1kW Three-Phase Variable Resistors Module.
- N-FRT. Fault Ride Through Module.
The application AEL-HVDC can be mounted on rack (option A) or on rail (option B):
This application needs the following racks:
This application can be mounted on rail.
Optionally the AEL-WBC. Electrical Workbench (Rail) can be supplied to mount the modules.