MEMT-3 Dynamic Friction of a Pin on a Disc
This module allows to study the friction forces between several vertical friction pins of different materials and a rotating friction disc.
The end of each vertical pin is made of a different material and rubs against the rotating steel disc. The speed of the rotating disc can be adjusted. The contact pressure between the vertical pin and the rotating disc can be adjusted with a lever and a set of weights. The disc is enclosed in an open vessel that can be filled with different lubricants. A force sensor measures the friction forces as function of the pairs of friction materials, the speed of the rotating disc, the load and the lubrication conditions.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Study of the friction forces between several vertical pins of different materials and a rotating friction disc.
- Investigation of the friction forces for several pairs of friction materials.
- Investigation of the friction forces for several loads.
- Investigation of the friction forces with different lubricants.
- Investigation of the friction forces at different speeds of the rotating disc.
- Study of the wear for different friction parameters.