MEMT-2 Dynamic Friction of a Cylinder on a Roller
This module allows to demonstrate the friction forces between several cylinders of different materials and a roller under different lubrication conditions.
The “MEMT-2” module consists of two levers that transmit a force applied by weights to a test pin to put it in contact with a disc coupled to a motor shaft that allow to demonstrate the friction forces between several friction test pins of different materials and the disc coupled to the motor shaft under different lubrication conditions.
Each test pin is made of different material and rubs against the external surface of a rotating steel disc coupled to the motor shaftunder different lubrication conditions. There is a lubricant tank underneath the rotating disc.
Initially, a point contact is formed, as the wear increases it changes to a surface contact.
The speed of the rotating steel disc can be adjusted, and the test pins are loaded using two levers and a set of weights.A force sensor measures the friction forces as a function of the pairs of friction materials, the speed of the rotating disc, the load and the lubrication conditions.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Demonstration of friction forces between several pins of different materials and a rotating friction disc under different lubrication conditions.
- Investigation of the friction forces for several pairs of friction materials.
- Investigation of the friction forces for different speeds of the rotating disc.
- Investigation of the friction forces with several loads.
- Investigation of the friction forces for different lubrication conditions.
- Study of the wear coefficient for different friction parameters.
- Study of the wear and wear rate for different friction parameters.