AEL-EEA Alternators Study Application
The Alternator Study Application, "AEL-EEA", has been designed by Edibon to study the behavior of three-phase synchronous generators with independent excitation.
This application consists of a motor-generator group and a series of modules that allow studying the most important concepts of threephase synchronous generators with independent excitation. The driver is an induction motor which is used to simulate a turbine.
This application allows the student acquire a depth knowledge about synchronous generators with independent excitation. The user will learn to connect this kind of machines and commissioning the rest of components. For this purpose, the application includes excitation and frequency controllers. The behavior of the machine changes when the load variates, so all types of static loads are included and the user will be able to see the electrical effects thanks to the included network analyzer module. This module shows the most important electric parameters. Other important operation that can be carried out in this application is the power factor compensation.This practical exercise is carried out with the capacitors that are included in the AEL-EEA.
Optionally, this application can be supplied with the Control and Data Acquisition System Software for Electrical Machines, with SCADA, "EM-SCADA", a Data Control and Acquisition Software developed by Edibon that allows monitoring all voltage, current and torque waves shape. This allows studying the behavior of the three-phase induction generator.
ÜBUNGEN UND GEFÜHRTE PRAKTIKEN
GEFÜHRTE PRAKTISCHE ÜBUNGEN IM HANDBUCH ENTHALTEN
- Checking the main power supply.
- Commissioning of the Frequency Controller.
- Adjusting the necessary values in the frequency controller.
- Adjusting the rotation direction.
- Adjusting the start function.
- Adjusting the frequency commutation, nominal voltage, nominal current, nominal frequency, etc.
- Study the operational performance in the frequency controller.
- Measuring power and RMS.
- Realize different experiments with the generator and the loads.
- U/f function optimization.
- Field current regulation and open circuit voltage.
- Generator drop voltage with resistive load.
- Generator drop voltage with inductive load.
- Generator get output voltage constant.
- Generator power factor compensation.
Some practical exercises possibilities with the EM-SCADA:
- Visualization of synchronous generator waves.
- Several other exercises can be done and designed by the user.